7.01.2008

Mixing in the Dark 2

This special live dj set is from my St Patricks Day show at the Celtic, in Saga Japan. You will enjoy some special post mixer suprises, such as my intro, having to shot out drinks specials, and someone hitting one of the turntables. Please enjoy this special holiday set recorded live last month!


Luck of the Irish


Have you ever seen something so beautiful? A majestic butterfly flits across a valley and lands on your finger for only a moment. That moment changes your life forever and you spend eternity pursuing it. You are changed. For the better. A woman so beautiful that you would send 10,000 ships across an ocean after her. You would send all your brothers into battle by your side. For just one chance. To touch that butterfly again.... I don't have any ships, but I do have an army of beats. And with them I do battle. This is the first chapter in my dj epic. The opening movement. Deep and beautiful records, dawning in the spring morning.....

片lol思い


This set and the next several to follow are from a live performance in Japan. This set takes off where the last one left off in my epic....The dawn rises on a new day and it is time to depart. So I call to my warriors in the crowd to rise up and join me as we depart in search of our princess. Not all of us will be coming home, so I start with some somber tunes and then work up the intensity. Enjoy.

A Call to Arms



This is the 2nd movement from my live set in Japan. Sorry it's been delayed, but I've been moving countries again. In this piece we pick up our armor and prepare for the battle ahead. Not all of us will be coming back. The intensity of the tunes I've selected prepares us for the battle ahead. We end this set with the ships sailing off and saying goodbye to our island.

We Don't All Return





Huddling together in the dark of night we await the coming dawn. We chase a dream that may no longer even exist. With no food and only the water pouring out of the sky to calm our parched throats, we wait. Only our hope keeps us alive. Whether we live our die, at least we remained faithful. Through the clouds I see my star, my hope, my inspiration and until I can no longer breathe I will spin records....It is enough to see us to the dawn.

Ocean Crossing




We are the enemy at the gates. This live mix from the final part of my show in Japan uses the strongest records from my entire arsenal. The time for patience is over. We are storming the Bastille with everything we got, my brothers and I. Listen to the clashing of records as the battle moves from advantage to advantage. There are lulls and moments of great calamity. See with your ears. Feel what I feel. This New Years Day.

A Good Day to Die




So I have finally gotten over my one-itis. This is my first set of freedom, recorded live on the radio. I have a weekly radio show now....I will be sharing it with you here...minus my love commentary. This special mix was for my dad who was listening live from the other side of the planet live. poW! I love you all my fans!

Breaking Free



I tried to record my liveset on Friday, but the venue had bolted down the mixer and covered the back to prevent me from accessing the alternate ouputs. Here is a live 93 minutes from me. I had some love from fans in Chile and the USA this night. It's wicked to have people listen from all over the world. This feed if pre-mic so you don't get to hear me, lucky you! Anyways, I dropped some seriously deep prog and then it went into some of my darker classic trance. I just love some of the older records. The second half of this dark set is meant to be listened to at high volumes. I was playing in a glass cage in a rainstorm. So I played to the universe. You can feel what I was feeling. Nature crashing down on me. I fought back with my only weapon. Join me on this journey through the night.

Blue Monday



I dropped this fresh mix live on my mix show Monday. I had fans listening from Germany, USA, Canada, Japan, Chile, and the UK. This mix is dedicated to all of those who took this journey with me. I played records I love for the fans I love. These records can say better than any words how my fans make me feel. Thanks for listening! JddJ



For My Fans




I recorded this special mix live on GU2 to be my new demo CD for gigs in London. I wanted to try a ton of my new digital tricks including grabbing loops and speed mixing. I tried some risks for this demo CD and I am pleasantly surprised. I hope you love this new phase in my style as much as I do. It was so cold tonight that I almost slipped on the way to the radio station at least a dozen times. I felt like I was trapped in the fortress of solitude. I couldn't even check emails during my set. My focus was pure and so were my records. Feel the love and might of the new Dragon.

A New Dragon




I met somebody beautiful. As I craft a song about her, I step up to my decks in the darkest night. I can only speak my emotions through my decks. And for two hours alone on a mountain I faced the depths of my emotions. Journey with me. To the center of my soul. I hope you can feel the beauty I feel. I have frozen a moment in time, to forever remember a moment of a relationship. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, or even if there is a tomorrow. But now. Tonight. There is music.

Sparkle




How deep does the rabbit hole go? I live in the city where Alice in Wonderland was conceived and written. This is my exploration of just how deep we can get. Journey with me to the middle of it all. We travel through our emotions in search of our center. I hope you have the same spiritual experience as me.

Rabbit Hole
















No comments:

cccc
ccc